After we announced the Quest for the Golden Razor contest yesterday, a lot of questions, grumblings, and whining was over heard by the RTR crew. Your team needs you. This post is the end-all to any little bit of doubt left, so in the name of sport "Just Do It"
After another stellar weekend in Hershey, it’s time to start gearing up for playoffs after 3 wins in 3 nights (Friday 7-2 over Worcester, Saturday 4-2 over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and Sunday 3-2 over Binghamton). Since only 7 regular season games remain for the Bears and the season has begun to wind down up here, let’s look ahead to how the Playoffs in the AHL vary from the ones the Washington Capitals and their foes will be experiencing in the NHL.
When Eric Fehr of the Washington Capitals put his team up 1-0 over Southeast Division rival Tampa Bay Lightning, the Verizon Center was able to hear a new post-goal song written by the Sandbox Kings as determined by a recent contest. In case you didn't know to look (hear?) for it last night at the Phone Booth, or missed Elliot In The Morning's debut of the song this morning, you can listen to it here. I support the franchise fully in reaching out to the fans to create a song that is original to the Caps, and I've always enjoyed celebration song that feature fan interaction (a la the New York Rangers), but I immediately wonder how the fans feel about the song, and what other alternatives might have been discussed behind closed doors.
Fear not, loyal (and occasional) reader of Rock The Red! Welcome to our new look. It's kind of like in She's All That, when the ugly chick takes off her glasses and throws her smock to the back of the closet, finding inner beauty and becoming the talk of the school - but without the unneccessary dance number.
If you haven't been completely shellshocked yet here's what to expect as some things will change, and some will stay the same.
- New makeover! We love it, we hope you do too. The design fella did amazing work, and was patient enough to hear myself and Mos out.
- New platform! While we are still peeking around at all that Bloguin has to offer, we're still learning the what's-what and the how-to's. If you see something on the fritz, send us an email. Chances are we just tripped over a wire while snooping about.
- New network! If you head over to the Bloguin homepage, and you really should, there are hundreds of blogs on everything from college sports to why Brett Favre can't make decisions in a timely manner.
- Us! Please accept our apologies now.
- You guys! We couldn't do it without you guys (and gals) so thanks for sticking around. Please sign up for a username in the top right corner, so we can keep tabs on all your witty retorts.
- Past attempts at journalism! While we are still adding the crown molding to the new site, we will make sure the good, the bad , and the ugly of our previous posts will stick around.