The hockey world is buzzing this morning about Alex Ovechkin's perceived blow up near the end of regulation in last night's come-from-behind victory over the Anaheim Ducks. After learning he wouldn't be on the ice in the teams' final (eventually successful) attempt to tie the game, Ovechkin sat down and looked more than unhappy. But what did he say?
Top ten things we think Alex Ovechkin said on the bench after learning he was benched:
10. "I disagree with your decision. I’m just saying it in Russian. And Sasha’s ears got red because he’s overheated. Yeah, that’s it…"
9. "I wonder what Mike Keenan would say about this?"
8. "All I wanted was to draw a puppy on the whiteboard…"
7. "STOP LAUGHING AT ME NEUVY! I’M SHOOTING AT YOUR MASK IN PRACTICE!"
6. "Nick is never gonna let me live this one down…"
4. "Woosaah. Woosaah."
3. "Don’t call him fat. Don’t call him fat. Don’t call him fat…"
2. "I can't believe they won't let me grow a mustache!"
1. "After the game, I’m definitely driving home really fast while listning to ‘No Easy Way Out’…"