It's a scene played out in every household with kids. Just home from school, a small child asks a parent what a certain bad word means. While the offending, eff-bomb dropping 8 year old sits at home playing his X-Box, some poor parent is left to explain the word to their own no-longer-innocent child. It's like training for when the sex talk occurs.
Thanks to HBO's excellent look at the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins, 24/7, an entire generation of Caps parents are left to have the same talk with their kids thanks to an eff-bomb dropping 55 year old teddy bear named Bruce Boudreau.
"Mommy, why is the coach beeping like WALL-E?"
"Uh... well... see..."
We at Rock the Red.net are here to help. Here are some helpful ideas for explaining Coach Boudreau's locker room outburst to your little ones.
- "He's not mad. Coach Boudreau was just quoting his favorite move, Slap Shot."
- "HBO accidentally played the audio from 'The Sopranos' over Coach's speech. He was actually talking about Santa Claus."
- "The Russian players only understand a few English words, so Bruce likes to repeat the ones they know so they'll feel included."
- “Ah honey, Coach’s favorite game is Duck Hunt. He’s teaching the players his favorite call ‘Duck Duck come here Duck’”.
- "I'm pretty sure you heard wrong. Coach said 'get your heads out of your hats.' Yeah... hats..."
- “No, he just wants more fudge. Coach Bruce has a sweet tooth just like Mommy.”
- "I'm sure Karl Azlner's parents are having the exact same conversation we are right now."
- "Yes, it's a bad word. But don't worry... I'm sure Bruce's mommy will be breaking out the Palmolive bar any minute now."